- The large box in the back depicts the Main Building from the 1876
U.S. Centennial held in Philadelphia (c1876 set of 5)
- In front of that is a box for the Silent Teacher, a series of map
puzzles made from about 1870 to 1900. The puzzle is displayed with the reverse
side showing, an advertisement for White Bicycles and Sewing Machines.
- Next is a Brownie Scroll Puzzle (c1890) with an ice skating scene by Palmer Cox.
- The maroon box holds a Parker's Cut-Up Map of New York from the early 1900s.
- In the blue box, Bradley's Picture Puzzle, The Latest Novelty, is dated Nov, 1908. and is
a nice pushfit puzzle.
- "Gretchen" is sideways and this Zeitvertreib puzzle from the early 1900s is one
of my favorites.
- "Kitty & I" is the green box Pastime Puzzle. Not dated, but this puzzle was cut by #2
and this puzzle, in this size, is offered in a 1911 Parker Pastime catalog.
- Another Parker puzzle, "His First Pants", is from the Dorothy Dainty series for children
and was made in the early 1900s with 3/8 inch thick solid wood.
- Ullman's Society Puzzle, The Latest Society Fad, also from before 1910 and an early
example of an adult wooden puzzle.